On thursday, April 26, 2012–the day before it was scheduled to be voted upon, the US Congress added a few amendments (all which make it worse) and passed CISPA with an overwhelming majority: 248-168.
It still needs to get through the Senate before our Commander in Chief can sign it into law. So,, what are you gonna do to stop it in the senate?
Here are a few suggestions:
1. Call/write/email your Senator! I can’t help you find out how to contact them, though. This may be the most important of all the things you could do!
2. Sign a few petitions! like here, here, here, here, here, here, here
3. Share what your doing! Articles, information, memes, pictures, status updates, this blogpost, anything that can help your friends to see what is happening!!
4. Caption your own memes against CISPA!! Here
5. Learn more about the very real debate for/against CISPA! Some great links to start you off here, here, here, here, here, here, here, and on facebook here.
6. Some memes to download and share to facebook, twitter, google+, linked in etc:
|CISPA cat is cyber spying.|
|CISPA gives Uncle Sam the power to legally go through your emails.|
|Caption your own CISPA cat here.|
|Cool MAD magazine meme about CISPA.|
|Where is their opposition to CISPA?|
|and coming very SOON|
|Ironic, that Mark Zuckerberg, a supposed supporter
of internet privacy, supports CISPA, which is the
|STOP CISPA IN THE SENATE|
|Raise your awareness of CISPA, which is set for the senate
to decide it’s fate! Contact your senator!